Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Am I "All In?"

Recently my husband and I did a tag team series for Sunday morning at our church taken from the book Mark Batterson wrote called, "All In."  Even though I have been a Christian for many years and serving in ministry, I was convicted about the times that I have played things a little safe instead of taking a risk.  Sometimes in children's ministry we can be tempted to go with what we feel has worked in the past.  It is sometimes easier to get by on our laurels and gifts instead of seeking God for new and creative ideas.  I don't want to be guilty of being a "rim hugger instead of a hiker."  The view is better when you take a risk and go deep!  I want to share the "All In Declaration" with you.

                                         All In Declaration by Mark Batterson

I will quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death.

I will set God-sized goals, pursue God-ordained passions.

I will go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention.

I will keep asking questions, keep making mistakes.

I will keep seeking God for answers.

I will stop pointing out problems and I will become part of the solution.

I will stop repeating the past and start creating the future.

I will stop playing it safe and start taking risks.

I will expand my horizons, accumulate experiences.

I will enjoy the journey.

I will find every excuse I can to celebrate everything I can.

I will live like today is the first day and last day of my life.

I won't let what's wrong with me keep me from worshipping what's right with God.

I will burn sinful bridges and blaze new trails.

I won't let fear dictate my decisions.

I will take a flying leap of faith.

I will quit holding out and quit holding back.

I will push all of my chips to the middle of the table.

It's time to ante up all of my faith.

It's my time to go all in and go all out for the All in All.

No comments:

Post a Comment